Consumer Electronics have a short product life cycle. OEMs and Contract Manufacturers alike are under tremendous cost pressure. New products need to be developed and introduced in the shortest possible time, and they need to maintain short test times and good yields to maximize throughput and minimize cost per unit delivered.
These requirements coupled with today's ever increasing densities and package types like BGAs that do not allow test access by conventional ICT or flying probe test systems, and time consuming operations such as in-system programming of Flash, create test challenges that can only be effectively addressed by the most leading edge technologies and approaches. Additionally, for boards that do fail any of the manufacturing test steps, faults need to be diagnosed and located quickly, which requires the right test and inspection tools. Combining conventional test approaches with JTAG/boundary scan, embedded system access (ESA) and automated optical (AOI) or 3D X-Ray (AXI) inspection can make a dramatic difference in meeting these test challenges.
Key benefits we can offer:
- Quick and easy test program development and debug.
- Enhanced fault coverage for high density assemblies and challenging component types.
- Reduce ICT fixture complexity and costs and speed up flying probe testing.
- Accelerate test tasks such as in-system programming.
- AOI and 3D AXI can locate faults that are not electrically detectable.