Networking and Telecommunications
Telecommunication and networking electronics are among the most complex printed circuit board assemblies, with very high component density and the latest packaging technologies for integrated circuits. In addition, these high performance technologies pose test challenges such as very high frequencies that challenge even the most capable conventional test systems.
The ever increasing densities and package types like BGAs that do not allow test access by conventional ICT or flying probe test systems, time consuming operations such as in-system programming of Flash and the need to optimize test of high performance features such as high speed interfaces create test challenges that can only be effectively addressed by the most leading edge technologies and approaches. Additionally, for boards that do fail any of the manufacturing test steps, faults need to be diagnosed and located quickly, which requires the right test and inspection tools. Combining conventional test approaches with JTAG/boundary scan, embedded system access (ESA) and automated optical (AOI) or 3D X-Ray (AXI) inspection can make a dramatic difference in meeting these test challenges.
- Embedded solutions for test applications such as high speed interfaces.
- Quick and easy test program development and debug.
- Enhanced fault coverage for high density assemblies and challenging component types.
- Reduce ICT fixture complexity and costs and speed up flying probe testing.
- Accelerate test tasks such as in-system programming.
- AOI and 3D AXI can locate faults that are not electrically detectable.